Thursday, February 28, 2013

C4K Summary for February

http://www.charityandsecurity.org/system/files/u4/button_blog_blueandgreen.jpg
Week 1

Alyssa's Blog, Mrs. Balestrin's Bunch: Alyssa wrote a Valentine's Day poem. She loves to get cards and do fun things on this day. She is in second grade and lives in Canada. Her teachers name is Mrs. Balestrin.


My comments were: Alyssa, My name is Kim Templeton. I live in Mobile, Alabama. I see you live in Canada, that is a long way from where I live. Is it cold and snowy today? It is 68 degrees in Alabama today. I am going to college at the University of South Alabama to become a teacher. I enjoyed reading your Valentine’s Day poem. I think Valentine’s day is a fun day as well. I like giving cards, but I like getting cards too. Did you get to make a box to put all of your cards in? I used to decorate a shoe box to put all of my cards. What did you do with your cards? Well…hope you stay warm and Happy Valentines Day!


Week 2

Paul, a ninth grade student at Roibinson High School, was assigned to watch a PBS about WWI. He then had to make a google presentation on WWI. He did an awesome job. He made the war sound so realistic. He was very detailed in his writing, but yet brief in his summary.

My comments were: My name is Kim Templeton and I have been assigned to read your blog. I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama. You are an awesome writer. I like the way you made the history feel more realistic and not just a bunch of facts. The part about the trenches with lice and mud, yuck I hadn't thought about that. I think that was a very interesting fact that made it feel more realistic. Another thing I found interesting, was the German medic who sent pictures to Hitler to discourage him from torturing the Jews. Making a personal connection makes the war seem like more than a story from a book. Realizing these are real people who suffered and sacrificed their lives. Great job, I enjoyed reading your blog!



Week 3

Mrs. She's Class Room #6 my comments were: Enjoyed reading your blog. I live in the United States, which is 7,807 mile away from New Zealand. That is a long, long way away. I have never visited New Zeland, but I have seen pictures on the internet. I am a student in EDM310. My teacher is friends with your teacher. I see you have some ipads in your classroom. I hope you enjoy learning on your new ipads.

The first student was Abigail. She is five years old and made a video clip about the olympics. My comments were:I attend college in the United States. My teacher is friends with your teacher, Mrs. She. I enjoyed watching your video about the Olympics. Maybe, you will get to watch the Olympic games. What is your favorite Olympic game? Mine is figure skating.
Kim Templeton

The second student was Ana. My comments were:; color: black; text-align: justify;">My name is Kim Templeton. I go to college in the United States. My teacher is friends with your teacher, Mrs. She. Wow, your story was awesome. I love the words you picked to describe your scary pumpkin. He does have an amazing pumpkin head all thanks to you.


Week 4

Dnatia is a tenth grade english student in Mrs. Martins class at Baldwin County High School. On her blog she wrote a list of the top ten lies about high school.

My comments were: My name is Kim. I am taking EDM310 at the University of South Alabama. My assigment is to read your blog, leave a comment, and then post on my blog a summary of yours and my comments. I had to chuckle when I read your list of lies. I remember all those lies. I might have to disagree with the food. I loved the food at the high school, but I went to school in Ohio. So, what is the truth about high school? Is it a waste of time? No,  I think it is helping you learn valuable skills to survive in this crazy world. Enjoy it while it lasts. Take advantage of all of these opportunities, and yes I said oppurtunities. High school is what you make it...a drudge or a launching pad for your future. Your blog is looking good. Keep up the good work.





No comments:

Post a Comment