Sunday, March 10, 2013

C4T #2 Post #1

Teachers Blog:

Royan Lee, editor of The Spicylearning Blog, is an intermediate literacy teacher in Ontario Canada.
He wrote a blog titled, What I Learned From the Dog Whisperer. His family was considering buying a puppy. They thought watching Dog Whisper would teach them how to train their new puppy. He related his experience like this, "Somehow the reality of becoming a dog whispering family felt a little like opening a can of Coke after a prankster has left it shaken for you."He compared his experience to the limitations of knowledge on its own. He pointed out focusing on the end results people seek for instant perfection. He reminds us not to jump on the bandwagon to every new Guru idea. 

My Comments:

My name is Kim Templeton and I am currently a student at the University of South Alabama taking EDM310. My assignment was to read your blog. Cesar Millan’s Dog Whisperer is one of my favorites as well. I have to agree it looks so easy, but what background knowledge does he have? I'm sure the average dog owner does not have the skills he has developed over years and years of experience. The key word is "experience." You can't just watch Dog Whisper and become an expert. I think this will be true as a teacher. It will take years of experience to develop skills to engage students. It is not something that magically happens on cue. Enjoyed your blog, sounds like your are an awesome teacher.
Kim Templeton

No comments:

Post a Comment